School banners work great to motivate students and to promote traditions. However, it’s important to consider that they are meant to be used outdoors, therefore, it’s essential to choose the appropriate material. Vinyl will be your best shot. Vinyl banners last longer and are waterproof and fade resistant.
There are many popular alternatives in how to use this powerful tool to promote school events or just to boost school pride. For example:
1. To welcome students back to school or School’s Open House.
2. Announcing or reminding the school Mission statement.
3. Celebrating the School Anniversary.
4. To promote parent involvement, like “Join the PTO” for example.
5. To emphasize an achievement: For example if the school was rewarded as a distinguished school or improved score tests.
6. Sport and Spirit Pride – Be sure to include the name, color and mascot of the school and your spirit slogan as well.
7. Promoting team spirit: Like “Attitude is everything” or “Bring it On!”
8. To advertise the Homecoming or Prom dance or a special banner for your Graduation Party.
9. To inform about the After School program.
10. To promote academic integrity: “Cheating is Lying” “Cheating is Wrong”.
As well as for any advertising piece, design is key. A well designed school banner will grab the attention of everybody, moreover, considering that these banners target kids and teenagers it would be fantastic for your banner design to be kind of “cool”. The right selection of colors and a smart and catchy slogan can help. Another option is to have the students involve in the design process, maybe the school can ask students to submit their ideas or do a contest where the more creative idea wins.
By displaying your message in a banner you’re making it more visual and sometimes an image or a graphic sells more than a hundred of words, that’s one of the reasons why school banners are so effective.